The Greatest Empire, The Empire of the Chingis Khan. Eight hundred years of history is Hidden in the Heart of Asia. First of all, where is Mongolia?
Mongolia is a landlocked country located between Russia and China. It is a land where you can experience wide-open spaces, cobalt blue skies, forests, deserts, crystal clear rivers and lakes, and the nomads' traditional hospitality.
Mongolia is the 18th-largest and the most sparsely populated unitary sovereign state globally, with a population of over 3.2 million people. It is also the world's second-largest landlocked country behind Kazakhstan and the largest landlocked country that does not border a closed sea. The country contains tiny arable land, as much of its area is covered by grassy steppe, with mountains to the north and west and the Gobi Desert to the south.
Ulaanbaatar, the capital and largest city, is home to about 45% of its population, and it is the coldest capital in the world. In January, Ulaanbaatar is much colder than Antarctica. Mongolia has a vibrant history and its own culture that you never experience before.
• Rich History: Chinggis Khan was born in Mongolia in 1162.
• Population: 3.2 million
• Language: Mongolian, English is widely spoken in Ulaanbaatar.
• National Currency: ₮ Tugrik (MNT) about 1$ = 2858₮ /2021 March/
• Area: 1,566,000 sq km (610,740 sq mi)
• Capital City: Ulaanbaatar
• People: Khalkha Mongols (86%), Kazaks (6%), about a dozen other Mongolian ethnic groups
• Religions: Tibetan Buddhism, Muslim, Christian, and Shamanism
• Public Holiday:
December 31- January 1 - New Year 3 days,
in January/February - Mongolian Lunar New Year (Tsagaan Sar),
June 1 - Mother and Child day,
July 11-13 - National Holiday (Naadam festival)
• Direct flights and hours:
From Moscow to Ulaanbaatar approximately 6 hours,
From Tokyo to Ulaanbaatar approximately 5 hours,
From Seoul to Ulaanbaatar approximately 3 hours,
From Beijing to Ulaanbaatar approximately 2 hours,
From Hong Kong to Ulaanbaatar approximately 4 hours,
• Average cost of traveling in Mongolia - From the 2019 statistic, Tourists spend about 1500$ for 14 days tour in Mongolia.